Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have driver of LAN card (silan microelectronics) only for 2.5 & 2.4. How can i make it will work for 2.6 kernel.(SC92031 using chip RTL8139d)...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

driver is for 2.5 and 2.4 only but i need to run on 2.6

I have driver of LAN card (silan microelectronics) only for 2.5 & 2.4. How can i
    make it will work for 2.6 kernel.(SC92031 using chip RTL8139d)

I don't know this driver and I am not aware of the changes from 2.4 to 2.6 that might make problems.

But here is some general advice.

You need a version for 2.6 from the distributor of this driver. I guess it should be a *.ko file instead of the 2.4 *.o file.

If this impossible, you need the source of the 2.4 driver and the instructions how to compile it, i.e. mainly the location of the directory and the arguments to gcc.

Then you try to compile it and watch out for the errors and fix them. To fix them, a similar driver source code is extremely helpful. You look what has changed in this similar source from 2.4 to 2.6 and match this with your compile errors.

This way, you can build your own 2.6 driver binary file from sources if you cannot get hold of the 2.6 binary file from the distributor.