Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to use a Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet card with a Mandrake 9.2 system, but it's not quite working. Tulip loads just fine, and I have a loopback as well ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linksys Ethernet card with Mandrake 9.2... help!

I'm trying to use a Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet card with a Mandrake 9.2 system, but it's not quite working. Tulip loads just fine, and I have a loopback as well as the static IP I gave it (192.168.0.5, mask 255.255.255.0). I can ping 192.168.0.5 just fine from that machine, but I can't ping any other machine on my network, and they can't see me. I know the net cable is fine. I switched it to my Win98 laptop and could ping anyone else to my heart's content. The strange thing is, when I plug the cable into the Linksys card in the linux system, the Active lights on the card and hub don't even light up.

Help?

-Josh

Just Joined!

Update

Apparently the cable was bad. I guess that when I moved it to test my laptop, it moved *just* right and worked. After a second attempt to use that cable with my laptop, I couldn't get a connection. Lesson learned: never assume!

-jheaton

Just Joined!
    No problem, j! I, too, have a Linksys LNE100TX Ethernet card with a Mandrake 9.2 system, and it works just fine. I was sort of flustered to read that yours did not work. Of course, one could always go to the command line, su to root, and type ifconfig eth0 up to make sure it's ready to send and receive.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close