Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
thanks i will try it out.....maybe there is a nifty "HowTo" somewhere. i need to get this working, i have 3 companies sharing 10 gig . thanks again...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

thanks i will try it out.....maybe there is a nifty "HowTo" somewhere. i need to get this working, i have 3 companies sharing 10 gig .

thanks again

Just Joined!

Smile controlling the bandwith

to control your bandwit in a network you really need your squid.
    every squid comes with a configuration file named: squid.conf which is normally located in the etc directory and can be viewed using the following command: vi /etc/squid/squid.conf in the configuation file there is a line of statements that allows you to set your own bandwith mostly written as:
    #reply_body_max_size 0 allow all
    the statemant above allows the users in the network to download any amount of file they want to. while the comman below
    #reply_body_max_size -------------------
    the statement above allows you to set the size of download the users in your network are permitted to do.here in our network we give give the maximum of 10MB

Just Joined!
    Hi,

can you perhaps give an Idiot's guide to configuring quotas? from the installation of squid to its configuration. I'm new at Linux and IPCOP keeps bombing out.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2