Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am a begginer in the linux world , and how do you view or access the machines on the windows paltform....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool network problem

i am a begginer in the linux world , and how do you view or access the machines on the windows paltform.

You can access a windows machine with Samba. It might help if you tell us which linux distro that you are using - as I have a link to a great help page for SuSE 10.1 to get Samba up and running.

Just Joined!

Question network problem

thanks petergriffin , currently i have a linux box with redhat version 9. So i 'm failing to get access to my other windows machines.Infact i was planning to have a server on linux platform then implement vnc for administration of machine .So as for now i can not even view any machine on the network but i can go on the internet .In addition the windows machine can view my workgroup but can not access it, i am getting this error message you do not have the rights to access this workgroup.

I think Samba comes with Redhat 9. Have you checked your installed packages to see if it's there? If not, you should be able to pull it off your Redhat discs. Sorry I don't know much about Redhat's package management.