Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is it possible to run two network cards simultaneously like in Windows. My Broadband requires a network card and the second card is being used for local networking. Also is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Two Network Cards

Is it possible to run two network cards simultaneously like in Windows.
    My Broadband requires a network card and the second card is being used for local networking.
    Also is it possible to setup Internet Connection Sharing through Lan Cards without a Router

Just Joined!
    Yes, it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mitto
    Yes, it is possible.
    Ohhh, you are a wagg... That's a really helpful answer

Ok, vspunn, what you need to do is look into using 'IPtables' which doesn't just do 'internet connection sharing'; it'll allow you to run a full firewall and block and forward ports as you like and to whatever machines you like. It does Masquerading (a.k.a. Network Address Translation, NAT) which allows your LAN to use your external IP address while being connected using internal IP addresses.

As IPtables is really powerful, it's also quite complex to get right. Fortunately, it comes up frequently in questions on here about firewalls, NAT and security, so I suggest you start by doing a quick search of these forums for help on those subjects and have a play with it. If there is anything specific you dont understand about it, then dont be afraid to ask it here.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/