Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, so this is where I'm at: 1.I installed ndiswrapper 2.I installed the drivers successfully 3.I (tried) to use iwconfig to configure the card The problem is, iwconfig shows that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Wireless Card Won't Associate With Access Point

Okay, so this is where I'm at:

1.I installed ndiswrapper
    2.I installed the drivers successfully
    3.I (tried) to use iwconfig to configure the card

The problem is, iwconfig shows that the card is not associated with the access point. I have the correct essid and key set. What could the problem be?

Sorry to be so vague, but I really don't know what else to tell you. I've already tried "ifconfig wlan0 up", and that didn't help. I can't connect to the internet or the router. The device seems to be working fine, and is found by the system. It just can't connect to the router/access point. Any ideas?

What is the make/model of the card? Some cards also require firmware to be loaded also, form my own experience Broadcom and Realtek thought there could be others.

Just Joined!
    It's a Zyxel G-360

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    A few other things I've noticed:

Whether the drivers are installed or not doesn't seem to make a difference. wlan0 always shows up, and I can change the settings etc. and it shows a "80% link strength", although I dont know what it's linking to.

When I use "iwlist" to try to find AP's using that device, it doesn't see any, although it all works fine if I'm using Windows on that same computer.

Just Joined!
    It turns out that Ubuntu came with the driver for my card, so I don't need NdisWrapper at all.

So, let me restate the problem:

My wireless card cannot find any access points in the area, including mine, although I know that their are several.

I've set it to the right channel, key, etc. but it "iwlist wlan0 ap" doesn't find any access points.

What could I be doing/not doing?