Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, so today my friend decided he wanted linux on his computer, i came over and installed zenwalk. Everything except his wireless is working, ndiswrapper claims the driver is loaded ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

ndiswrapper help

ok, so today my friend decided he wanted linux on his computer, i came over and installed zenwalk. Everything except his wireless is working, ndiswrapper claims the driver is loaded and the hardware is present. i type modprobe ndiswrapper and no errors come up. then i type dmesg it shows that ndiswrapper is loaded but not wlan0, what should i do?

kbk
    Have you rebooted? Or at least logged out and logged back in? That's what always worked for me..

Did you make sure ndiswrapper is associated with the interface with
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -m
    ?

Also, is the interface present in the network configuration file (/etc/network/interfaces) ?
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    ok, the restart did it, now it wont let us connect to his network with iwconfig any ideas?

Linux User
    ok, got it, another reboot fixed it rofl

kbk
    Glad that helped . I just recently broke down and bough an Ethernet cable, going to run it properly on monday I think, for now it's just run down the steps .