Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, so we got the wireless internet running (a12ctic posted questions about it yesterday) it was working great for about a day until all the sudden something happened and now ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Internet

Ok, so we got the wireless internet running (a12ctic posted questions about it yesterday) it was working great for about a day until all the sudden something happened and now it doesn't work. I've tried restarting, tweaking the antenna, and trying to launch it different ways, i would really appreciate if someone could give me some pointers on this.

kbk
    What comes up when you type iwconfig wlan0? Try doing a dhcp broadcast as well.

Just Joined!

When i type iwconfig wlan0

It comes up with what i would think would be a cell # but its not the one that i used, it pretty much says its getting a Mb rate of 54/sec which i don't know why its saying htat considering the internet isn't working. What do you mean do a dhcp broadcast? to get the internet working in the first place when i log on in terminal i type "dhcpcd wlan0 up"

You would get more help if you would post outside the Coffee Lounge like in Linux Networking ...
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

I agree Juan Pablo, moved to Linux Netwoking.
    To killerrabbit, could you give us some specs,
    like which wireless card are you using, which distro you are using, anything else that you think may be helpful.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ