Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, I am looking for a way a way to make an ubuntu 6.10 system a wireless bridge to my other ubuntu system. How would I connect one pc ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Wireless Bridge with Ubuntu 6.10

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a way a way to make an ubuntu 6.10 system a wireless bridge to my other ubuntu system. How would I connect one pc to my wireless network and then use that system to provide a hard wired connection to another system?

Thanks. If anyone needs more information or clarification, please feel free to ask.

I could also use windows as the system that would connect to the internet, but I would need to know how to set that up.

Just Joined!
    [QUOTE I could also use windows as the system that would connect to the internet, but I would need to know how to set that up.[/QUOTE]

I too am looking for information on how to make a wireless bridge on Ubuntu, but i can give information on how to make one on Windows. when you are connected two both (or more) networks, go to Network Connections, then, highlight the networks you wish to make into a bridge, right click one of them, and click Bridge. there should be a light delay, then with luck, you have a wireless bridge!

Hi and Welcome !

Thanx for posting suggestion but this thread is more than 2 years old. I would suggest you to post in a bit recent threads.
    Do start a new thread if you have any other question.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First