Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, iam fairly new to linux and installed slackware 10.2 . after the installation i am not able to get on the internet , i ran "netconfig" and set it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cant connect to the internet

hi, iam fairly new to linux and installed slackware 10.2 . after the installation i am not able to get on the internet , i ran "netconfig" and set it up dhcp and still doesnt work , i have dsl and a intel PRO/100+ server adapter nic. this is my computer at work, i also have slackware installed at home but after the installation i was able to get on the internet with no problem, the computer i have at work is nowhere near as powerfull as my home computer but i dont think that sould matter. can anybody helpme plz ...

What do you get if you run /sbin/ifconfig ?

Just Joined!
    shows me a bunch of colums with numbers , each colum has a number or letter at the top of it and one start with "offset"

Why don't you just paste the output here?

No info -> no answer -> no solution
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." Linus Benedict Torvalds

Just Joined!
    i cant get on the internet from that computer to paste it here, i guees i could copy the file to a floppy and use my windows machine to paste it but its alot of stuff in the file wouldnt that be too much to paste?

I don't see any way to help you if you don't provide any detailed information.

An alternative would be to (I've seen some people doing this) retype the information (with typos )). Another one would be to use an USB stick instead of a floppy (I don't have a floppy drive any more) .

It's up to you. But
    shows me a bunch of colums with numbers , each colum has a number or letter at the top of it and one start with "offset"
    doesn't provide any problem determination information.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." Linus Benedict Torvalds

Just Joined!
    well since i am new to linux i was a noob and was trying to open the ifconfig by typing in "vi ifconfig" lol so i was gettin a huge page of encryption...thats why i wasnt pasting it . but anyways i figured out my problem it was my network card , didnt have the drivers so i switched to the onboard port and configured it and internet is up now . thank you for trying to help though

Glad you got up and running. If you get stuck ever again and need to get details into a file to move them you can redirect output to a file
    Code:
    ifconfig > my_ifconfig_file.txt
    The > pushes the details out into whatever file you name.