Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi. I have reseach all over the internet, and i found that for a simple cross over 2 computer network (ethernet T568B) you just have to configure the ip adresses, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    zyd
    Just Joined!

simple network problem

hi. I have reseach all over the internet, and i found that for a simple cross over 2 computer network (ethernet T568B) you just have to configure the ip adresses, subnest mask and default gateway, in gnome using system-config-network. But i just can't make this happend!. i have use different distributions and in no one seems to work. What else do i have to do?. what steps are necessary (like ip adresses) and maybe complementary steps (disable some security configurations). I plan to use one machine with fedora and the other one with ubuntu.
    i have tried a lot of things and i can't make one machine see the other, if i use a router with dhcp everything goes well, but with direct static configuration it just doesn't work.
    Thanks in advance

There is no detailed information in your posting

Configure and connect the two systems again, try a ping and post the output of ifconfig and route of both systems.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." Linus Benedict Torvalds