Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone describe in an easy way how can i install ndiswrapper and the drivers for my Linksys wireless-G? I have already downloaded ndiswrapper 1.27 and the drivers for my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

wireless pci adapter installation, SuSE

Can anyone describe in an easy way how can i install ndiswrapper
    and the drivers for my Linksys wireless-G?

I have already downloaded ndiswrapper 1.27 and the drivers for my card.
    i am using suse Linux 10.0

also when i use my dial-up connection, kinternet seems to connect by the browser displays that the page cannot be found as if i was in offline mode.
    any help would be appreciated

Just Joined!
    first download ndiswrapper from.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/n...ar.gz?download

install by unziping the tar file u downloading. Then cd to the directory that u unzipped to in console.

type- make distclean
    type- make
    type- make install

this should install ndiswrapper. to check and make sure after it gets down type ndiswrapper in consol and see if it gives u some comands.

next venture into your windows folder and fine where your wireless windows driver is located. mine was in C:SWLAN/WLAN/ it will be a .inf file.. when u find it copy the whole folder onto ur linux desktop. Next go back into console and install your driver.

type ndiswrapper -i /root/Desktop/Folder with wireless driver in it/driver.inf

replace driver.inf with your driver name.

next see if it installed.

ndiswrapper -l and see what it says.. should be driver installed device present

after u get that.

type modprobe ndiswrapper
    type ndiswrapper -m

after this step it should start working.

last go to yast->System->etc bla bla config file ->system->kernel->modules loaded on boot-> and enter ndiswrapper then next-> finish

let us know if u get any errors

Thanks for replying
    i had two problems:
    first i installed the ndiswrapper 1.28. When i tried to install the drivers of the card i got stuck because every time i pushed the 'enter' button it moved a line down and nothing happened.
    then i uninstalled it with the command 'make uninstall'. I don't know if i uninstalled it succesfuly.
    From Yast software manager i installed ndiswrapper that was on linux CDs.
    I installed syccesfully the drivers but when i typed 'modprobe ndiswrapper'
    i got
    FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.613-15-default/misc/ndiswrapper.ko :no such file or directory.
    any suggestions?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    ok first off when u entered ndiswrapper -l did it show ur driver saying driver installed device present.

on the FATAL error it sound like u have updated your gcc and not built ur kernel to the version of it. have u done anything to ur gcc or kernel latly?

the drivers where succesfully installed acoording to the ndiswrapper -l command
    the distro i use was installed one week ago (i had some problems with SuSE 10.1 so i got back to 10.0) and i haven't changed anything.
    Also when i use my network card to connect via cable, again i cannot establish a connection.