Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey i got debian netinstall and when i run that cd everything goes well until he checks for my ehternet card i got an lan network with several computers and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question debian netinstalll

hey i got debian netinstall and when i run that cd everything goes well until he checks for my ehternet card i got an lan network with several computers and an modem when he says no ehternet cardfound i get an list of modules my trust ehternet card isn't on that list but maybe i have to search for my modem or something and the driver diskettes from trust dont work either so what to do???????(srry for my english)

grtz Jim

From what I can tell, the Trust cards are supposed to work with the NE2000 kernel module. If that module doesn't work, try pcnet_cs (which may not be on the list, but see if you can type it in manually).
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelmo
    From what I can tell, the Trust cards are supposed to work with the NE2000 kernel module. If that module doesn't work, try pcnet_cs (which may not be on the list, but see if you can type it in manually).
    you can't type it maualy but i will chek f that module wil work! thnx alot

module didn´t work and i dont know where and when to type that pcnet_cs and because it is an netinstall i didn´t get graphicals so know i´m stuck with a basd installed debian i tried fedora core 6 but i didn´t had enough ram i have 32 ram none of windows installation cds work(wherefore i´m happy eventually i got rid of windows) but wich distrubition of linux supports 32 ram and a amd32 processor????????

You might like Xubuntu. It's a fork of Ubuntu, so it's based on Debian, meaning package management is a breeze and there's plenty of software available in ready-made packages. It uses the XFCE desktop, as opposed to Gnome or KDE, so it's less resource-hungry while still being plenty functional.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!