Find the answer to your Linux question:
the reason i put my questions here is qause my biggest problem is about networking i got DSL 3.0.1 installed questions: 1.how do i set time and data 2.how can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation some DSL qeustions

the reason i put my questions here is qause my biggest problem is about networking
    i got DSL 3.0.1 installed

questions:

1.how do i set time and data

2.how can i make sure that dillo doesnīt open every time i start up

3.what is the replacement for windows his file manager you know right click on start button etc
    or isnīt there any???

4.i got an modem router from alcatel speedtouch and iīm wired to it with a ???kb/s wire and my ehternet card is from trust i donīt have acces to the net it aiīt dial up but how do you call it then and how do i configure it can i download trust drivers for linux somewhere i have diskettes only i donīt know how to configure so also donīt know when to put my diskettes in help me plz

plz help me

i never tried DSL but i think settings are common in all distros.

1.how do i set time and data
    right click on clock and select Adjust time and date.
    2.how can i make sure that dillo doesn´t open every time i start up
    right click on its icon and click on 'quit'. it will ask for 'start on next session?' click on 'Do not start' button.
    3.what is the replacement for windows his file manager you know right click on start button etc
    or isn´t there any???
    isn't it showing any icon for 'Menu' ? or i am not getting correctly.... ?
    4.i got an modem router from alcatel speedtouch and i´m wired to it with a ???kb/s wire and my ehternet card is from trust i don´t have acces to the net it ai´t dial up but how do you call it then and how do i configure it can i download trust drivers for linux somewhere i have diskettes only i don´t know how to configure so also don´t know when to put my diskettes in help me plz
    i dont have much experience in this part. i hope someone else will suggest you soon. OR start new thread having title 'How to configure Modem in DSL?'

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Exclamation

right click on clock and select Adjust time and date.
    i alrdy figured this out but thnx anyway
    right click on its icon and click on 'quit'. it will ask for 'start on next session?' click on 'Do not start' button.
    this didnīt work al i saw was close and then it just closed

isn't it showing any icon for 'Menu' ? or i am not getting correctly.... ?
    i think you donīt understand correctly start menu is right click on desktop ī(iīm using fluxbox by the way) but i want file manager like in windows

i dont have much experience in this part. i hope someone else will suggest you soon. OR start new thread having title 'How to configure Modem in DSL?'
    i dont want to configure my modem cause that he should do auto but i want to configure my trust ehternet card! (more information it is an Trust pci ethernet combi 10mb)

thnx for all your answers casper

grtz Jim
    Last edited by jim123425; 10-30-2006 at 11:22 AM. Reason: trust info

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    on the trust site http://www.trust.nl/service/download...px?artnr=06876 i canīt download the drivers for linux(as i alrdy ecxpected) but where can i????