Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all. Well I recently bought a D-link 530TX+ lan card with the rtl8139 chipset. I use Mandrake 9.2, and for the life of me I couldn't get it installed. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

LAN Card Help...Again.

Hello all. Well I recently bought a D-link 530TX+ lan card with the rtl8139 chipset. I use Mandrake 9.2, and for the life of me I couldn't get it installed. (Though Knoppix connected fine), so I threw it in my parents Win2k comp. So here's my request. Can anyone suggest an easy to install, compatible LAN card for Mandrake 9.2?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Linux Guru
    The "Netgear 10/100Mbps Ethernet Card RJ45 PCI FA311" worked well for me, just plugged in card and modprobe'd "natsemi".

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=16435

Jason

Just Joined!
    When I swapped out the video card it ran a config thingie (I am a total Linux Newbie) to set up the new video card during boot up, will it do the same thing when I pop in the network card? I am getting a Netgear 10/100 NIC.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonlambert
    The "Netgear 10/100Mbps Ethernet Card RJ45 PCI FA311" worked well for me, just plugged in card and modprobe'd "natsemi".

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=16435

Jason
    It worked with Mandrake? I'll give it a lot. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Linux Newbie
    Ah well, I plugged the card in and did a fresh format, everything works fine. Infact, I'm posting from my Linux computer right now. Just thought I'd update my thread.

Cheers