Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i installed DSLinux and he didnt regonize my etherne card right away so i thaught oke lets search for it so i search and then he said no supported ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

is this normal????

hi i installed DSLinux and he didnt regonize my etherne card right away so i thaught oke lets search for it so i search and then he said no supported ethernet card found i have a Trust pci ehternet combi 10mb so is this normal and does everybody needs to place a disk with drivers on it in their boz or what and if not or if so i have 2 trust drivers floppys but when do i have to place them and what should i click or do i have to download some drivers for linux if so i canīt cause they canīt be found for linux so what to do plzz help me (srry if this all messy but my english isnīt that good so try to understand it plz )

doesn´t anybody knows??? if this ethernet card doesn´t work i´ll have change him for one out of another box wich will cost me an day so is there a solution or not?????

Trust are a card manufacturer but don't use their own chipsets, so it is hard to tell without knowing what chipset the card uses. Run the following commands and post back the results (in code brackets if you can, they will be quite long). Alternatively add them as an attachment to this thread.
    Code:
    dmesg
    lspci
    Remember too that DSLinux is quite small and purposely stripped out. It may not contain all of the necessary drivers, but the card may be supported in other distros.

as root or as user????

when i typed dmesg one long message repeated hisself several times so i´m no figureing out where it starts and where it ends
    when i typed lspci i got
    Code:
    0000:00:00.0 HOST Bridge: Intel Corp. 430vx - 82437vx TVX [Triton VX] (rev 02)
    0000:00:07.0 ISA Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II] (rev 01)
    0000:00:07.1 IDE Interface: Intel Corp. 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
    0000:00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II] (rev 01)
    0000:00:14.0 VGA Compatible Controller: S3 inc. 86c775/86c785 [Trio 64V2/DX or GX] (rev 06)

Maybe for dmesg you can redirect the output to a file, then attach it. As root or user (doesn't matter) run
    Code:
    dmesg > ~/dmesg.output
    You will then have the dmesg.output file in your home directory (or in root's home if run as root). You can then put this file on floppy/CDROM/USB stick and attach it to this thread.

i got the file put how to save it on a floppy???(as soon as i have internet i´m going to download a GUI for filemaging)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Maybe for dmesg you can redirect the output to a file, then attach it. As root or user (doesn't matter) run
    Code:
    dmesg > ~/dmesg.output
    You will then have the dmesg.output file in your home directory (or in root's home if run as root). You can then put this file on floppy/CDROM/USB stick and attach it to this thread.
    how do i save it on a floppy (i know iīm a newbie but iīmlearning every day something)