I've got samba 3.0.22 with winbind trying to authenticate to Active Directory. I've done this before but haven't done it for a while. I've set everything up and joined the domain but trying to log with a domain account fails and I get the following error:
Code:
 pam_winbind[30274]: request failed: STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW, PAM error was 4, NT error was STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW
 pam_winbind[30274]: internal module error (retval = 4, user = `someuser')
 login(pam_unix)[30274]: check pass; user unknown
 login(pam_unix)[30274]: authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost= 
 login[30274]: FAILED LOGIN (1) on `tty1' FOR `someuser', Authentication failure
 pam_winbind[30274]: request failed: STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW, PAM error was 4, NT error was STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW
 pam_winbind[30274]: internal module error (retval = 4, user = `someuser')
 login(pam_unix)[30274]: check pass; user unknown
 login[30274]: FAILED LOGIN (2) on `tty1' FOR `someuser', Authentication failure
The pam module is obviously suffering a buffer overflow and that is why the auth is failing. What I don't know is why this is happening or how I can fix it. Does anybody know anything about this or how I can make it work again. I'm sure that at the beginning of the year I got this working with 3.0.22.