Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im running on a HP Pavilion 7920 which is hooked up to the internet by a Linksys Wireless Router 802.11b. I installed RH9 and found that my interent doesnt work. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wg311t wireless networking problem

Im running on a HP Pavilion 7920 which is hooked up to the internet by a Linksys Wireless Router 802.11b. I installed RH9 and found that my interent doesnt work. I taled on a few forums and went to best buy and bought a Netgear Super G Wireless Desktop Card Model: WG311T you can find at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....4&type=product. I put the hardware in and rebooted and nothing... Any ideas here are a few things that might help, im a 4 day linux user and a 4 day failed linux user so if i list stuff thats just pointless well you know why.

Lists:

Network Configuration
    Devices: Inactive eth0 wireless - when I active I get "orinoco_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization" now to me that seems wrong should't it be looking for a orinoco_pci?

I set my Linux box right next to my computer that has a working internet so if you think you can help and are willing to talk to me on Aol Instant Messanging so things can be faster my S/N is "Palmer 185"

Thanks alot

Just Joined!
    Did you ever get a response? I'm about to install Redhat on my spare desktop and have the same card.