Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear all, I have a router connected directly to internet through PPPoA, my linux box connected to the router and everything regard internet is ok, but my apache server is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache behind router

Dear all,

I have a router connected directly to internet through PPPoA, my linux box connected to the router and everything regard internet is ok, but my apache server is working and i can test it through http://localhost, but when somebody want to see my apache server through my ipaddress id doesn't work, i think is related something to router , cause when i use adsl dial up through linux the apache server is reachable, but when the router is connected to the internet through PPPoA my apache server is not reachable, i make port forwarding in router nothing help.
    if you can help me in that by from where can i start to fix it, or what is the problem.

thanks.

Linux Engineer
    Hey mate.
    So you've setup port fowarding correctly?
    Have you tried hacking the URL hxxp://IPADDRESS:80
    or whatever port you using for apache.

Also make sure you router isnt blocking this port or anything like this. Ive had issue in the past with a router with a cheap firmware that couldnt properly foward the ports and I had to update it....

Look on the web for information or related problem with your router this should give you a clear hint.
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    I have B-FOCuS 312+ router, and already i forward the web service ports, but nothing solved, when i use http://www.canyouseeme.org on prot 80 i got
    Error: I could not see your service on xx.x.xxx.xxx on port (80)
    Reason: Connection timed out
    i enable dmz also not help.

can i upgrade frimware for it , i have so little information about router,

thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Ok, I use to work for a Bell a few years ago and they had an adsl router like this. If I remember correctly, theyres 2 mode on these hardware. Mode sdsl, Mode Router. (name arent good i know but its as exemple)

Look on your instruction guide...
    or use http://www.inoviatele.com

Im prety confident that this would solve your issue, but I could be off track.
    The way it was done on the Bell Modem, was to press reset for about 10 second and on one of the light, it would start flashing meening that the mode changed...

There might be some info on the router configuration as well...

let me know.
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps