Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have two computers( 1 desktop & 1 laptop), both with linux on them. how do I netwrok work them together so I can share files and stuff. I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setting up a Home Network

I have two computers( 1 desktop & 1 laptop), both with linux on them. how do I netwrok work them together so I can share files and stuff. I have a Linksys wireless router connected to the desktop by landline and wireless to the laptop. I can only find information on how to network linux to other OSs. I just would like to know how I would go about networking to linux computers together.

Just Joined!
    what distro's are you using ?

If you want to share files between Linux systems just use nfs. If you have a WIN box somewhere use smb (samba). There's no problem to use both on your Linux box (and to share same directories). You also might use smb to share files between Linux boxes - but nfs has better performance.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." Linus Benedict Torvalds

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I currently use fedora core 5/6 looking into switching to gentoo. Do any of you have any HOWTO article you would recommend on setting up NFS/SMB?

I found one - http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto...tml#whatis_nfs