Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've got a BIG problem connecting to my server. The root of the issue is that I'm stuck with Hughesnet (I'm using it right now. It sucks.) and I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hughesnet, anyone?

Hi, I've got a BIG problem connecting to my server. The root of the issue is that I'm stuck with Hughesnet (I'm using it right now. It sucks.) and I need to get in from the outside world. I've got a Hughesnet modem feeding a Linksys VPN router with feeds several computers, one of which is a Fedora Core 4 server.

The company says the connection should have a static IP, but that seems questionable. When I look in the modem, it tells me it has one IP address, but when I query google with "what's my ip", I get something else. So there must be a proxy. Could there be any way to ssh through this crap? Might I have luck with a VPN tunnel?

This really has me stumped.

Linux Newbie
    vpns don't work well on Hughs net this site won't let me put in ulr's so put an http in fornt of this link.
    //kb.hughesnet.com/display/2n/index.asp?c=12&cpc=dt2wJiVUQ8s0WMPyKTgW6Jd18xTb14q A4cNfr5EdxY0IfnR2&cid=3&cat=&catURL=&r=0.8858606