Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Every One! I will go direct to my question. The thing is i have a fedora core 5 machine. I have manage to make a server of it, whit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question traceroute block and redirection.. howto?

Hello Every One!

I will go direct to my question.

The thing is i have a fedora core 5 machine. I have manage to make a server of it, whit two internet conections comming in an one lan conection for my internal computers this i do whit the iproute and related shuch as route an other..
    The thing is i want to block the command "traceroute" in linux or "tracert" in windows and after that redirec it to one of the signals that i have. the two signals camming in are of 512 Kb and 2 Mb conection whit technology WiMax.

What i want is when one of my internal machines do the "tracer" or "traceroute" my linux server block that an rediret it to my 512Kb signal. so the other of 2Mb wont respond to that command. in other words.. imposible to trace that signal.

I have search in other forums and read all of the threads whit the words "tracert" or "traceroute" in them.. and found some info but nothing specifically can anyone hellp me? please i don't ask all the steps to do it.. just help in direcctions and ideas. thanks to all in advance.

Just Joined!
    Best way to do this is just port forward all ICMP packets to the route you want your traceroutes to come from, ie. redirect all ICMP's to your 512kb connection, also note that this will not work in the reverse direction, might also want to redirect UDP ports 33434-33534, which traceroute also uses.