Find the answer to your Linux question:
As the topic says, my Debian box can't seem to connect to some sites recently. The only thing that happened lately was that a DDoS attack was targeted at me. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Debian box can't connect to some sites

As the topic says, my Debian box can't seem to connect to some sites recently. The only thing that happened lately was that a DDoS attack was targeted at me. The datacenter just plugged back in my ethernet cable today. Could some uplink providers have blacklisted my IP or something?

Thanks for any help.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    If you were ddos, it unlikely you were blacklisted as the packet header would indicate you as the target and not the souce. Now if you've been rooted or infected in some way you could be a unknowing/unwilling bot in someone elses control.

Take a peek at the addresses and see if there is anything common amoung them like all https or all .us or uk etc...

Review your firewalls outgoing log to see if you have outgoing traffice when you shouldn't.

These are just some starting point, many other thing to check so others may fill in starting points I have missed.

Let us now how things work out so we can learn from your experiences. You see these forums are a two way street, we all learn from each other.

Good luck
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"