Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm considering putting mandrake 10 on my current system, but I want to be able to get on the internet with it if I do. The problem is that I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linuxant modem drivers?

I'm considering putting mandrake 10 on my current system, but I want to be able to get on the internet with it if I do. The problem is that I have dialup (ONLY thing available here) and I have a softmodem. The modem is a Conexant HSF. I saw that Linuxant has drivers, though the free ones are only good for 14.4k connection speed. I found another site, that appears to have the last free full drivers they released. anyone know if these drivers are any good? I'm wondering if the old free drivers would still work.

I've used the HCF drivers before and gotten 28.8. That was, however, the best any of my colleagues got on windex boxen from that server, though. I don't know if the HSF will be the same, but I would assume as much. If you can provide the link, I'll let you know if they're from the same source or not.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Engineer
    I got 56k from those HSF drivers when I had a PCI modem.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Just Joined!
    well the linuxant site is here.

My connection is always 26.4kbps. If I get any other speed, such as 28.8 or 24 I cant do anything online, not even callwave can login. when that happens i have to reconnect until I get 26.4. Get dropped alot and have periods where connection stops doing anything. Once called the phone company about it and they said that the normal speed is under 20k since it's a voice line, which I know is stupid because thats what all dialup is on, and dialup should get like forty something k. When i called my isp about it they were SHOCKED that I was getting such low connection speeds. I think the phone lines around here are just really messed up and the phone company doesn't want to fix it.