Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a total of 2 computers networked using my Linksys router: one has WIndows XP Pro and the other RH 9. Before RH 9, I had Windows 2k Pro ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Problems with Internet connection (RH 9)

I have a total of 2 computers networked using my Linksys router: one has WIndows XP Pro and the other RH 9. Before RH 9, I had Windows 2k Pro that I used to run my web server and such. I decided to switch over to RH 9 though. Now, that RH is installed, everything seems to be working fine. When I login, the internet connection is ready, no need to set up any DHCP or ethernet cards. It detected automatically. The problem is after being connected to the internet, after a while, my connection will simply stop. To fix the problem, I have to go into my router and release the DHCP, then renew it. Each time, I get a different IP. Now, I've never had this problem before when running XP and 2k Pro, but ever since I install RH 9, I've been having troubles. This network connection affects both computers on the network. Can anyone help me?

Just Joined!
    THat is a strange problem. Why don't you just give them both a static IP address and see if that helps. If it is disrupting your other computers connection that is even wierder. Could it be ARP spoofing? Is it possible that they are both getting the same IP address. usually windows will warn you of this.

HTH