Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, My OS is RHEL AS4 and i'm running oracle 11i on this. From last week all of a sudden, the users start complaining that the forms getting disconnected after ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Connection reset by peer..

Hi,

My OS is RHEL AS4 and i'm running oracle 11i on this. From last week all of a sudden, the users start complaining that the forms getting disconnected after some time. I was troubleshooting my application and lately realised even my putty session gets time out and boots me out of the system after sometime which was not the case before. Enabled strace to see the error message when starting the form and the time the conection closes.
    Can anyone interpret this error message. The time the forms getting disconnected is shown in bold letters...
    Thanks in advance for any help...

25939 read(4, 0xb6a85030, 64000) = -1 ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer)
    25939 setitimer(ITIMER_REAL, {it_interval={0, 0}, it_value={0, 0}}, NULL) = 0
    25939 kill(25939, SIGTERM) = 0
    25939 --- SIGTERM (Terminated) @ 0 (0) ---

Regards,

aniruth

Do you have any IPS running on ur system?

Possibilities are there that the TCP connetions could be rejected for no reasons using such applications...

Or may be someone is running some TCP cutter kinda applications..

Just Joined!
    Thanks for ur reply.

I do not have any IPS on the box and i really don't know which parameter/place to check for the server closing the connection. When i telnet to the server, i could not see any disconnections but my putty and my VNC boots me out after every few minutes.

Once again txz for any suggestions and solutions..

Regards,

Aniruth