Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Gurus I'm facing only one problem with kickstart. Before i mention what the problem is, i want to add that if i do a attended network install, it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Kickstart Network install

Hello Gurus

I'm facing only one problem with kickstart. Before i mention what the problem is, i want to add that if i do a attended network install, it is working perfectly fine. That means the network connections are working. The redhat NFS server (with binaries) is up and running with static IP address. The client computer (DELL PowerEdge 1600C) is getting its IP addresses from DHCP router.

Now when i try to do unattended network install using redhat's kick start, it gives me the following error

" Error opening : kickstart file /tmp/ks.cfg : No such file or directory "

I have tried kickstart both the ways, that is, by placing ks.cfg file on NFS server and passing the right argument at
    boot: linux ks=nfs:192.168.253.30:/root/ks.cfg

as well as putting it on floppy and passing
    boot: linux ks=hd:fd0/ks.cfg

[ in both the cases i am booting the client computer with redhat 7.3 cd1 and issuing kickstart commands ]

Yes i format the floppy properly. And the floppy is perfect.

If anyone has seen this error before and know how to fix it, please let me know. i am getting impatient now, because i have been trying to use kick start for the past 3 weeks !!!

don
    Linux Newbie
    if you have only one ks.cfg file on the floppy try passing ks=floppy at boot.

i googled for your query and found this

http://www.fifi.org/doc/HOWTO/en-htm...art-HOWTO.html

hope this helps
    I\'m just a simple fisherman blessed with a lot of friends