Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, so my friend is on Gentoo and he got a mobile broadband internet card from Sprint working. Now he wants to share it with me, who is on Debian. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to bridge a ppp0 connection?

Okay, so my friend is on Gentoo and he got a mobile broadband internet card from Sprint working. Now he wants to share it with me, who is on Debian. How can we do this? Need answer ASAP, please.

Linux Enthusiast
    You probably don't want to make a bridge, what I expect you want to do is turn the gentoo box into a gateway.

Gentoo has a great set of documentation so I will point you here in the first instance:http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_setup_a...server#Network. It explains firewalls, masquerading and how to set them both up in Gentoo.

Once that is done you should set the gentoo box to be the default gateway of the debian box. If you aren't going to set up a DNS server then you'll need to change the /etc/resolv.conf file on the debian box to match the one on the gentoo box and then you should be sorted.

If you have any problems post them here and we can try to help, otherwise let us know how you get on.

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.