Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got my linux rh9 installed and i cant get on the net.... in the list of all the network drivers it doesnt have my nVidia nForce 2 MCP ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

nVidia nForce 2 MCP driver for RH9

I just got my linux rh9 installed and i cant get on the net.... in the list of all the network drivers it doesnt have my nVidia nForce 2 MCP ethernet card. i cant find the driver anywhere. can any1 help me please?

thanks in advance

Just Joined!
    Hey,
    I had the exact same problem and it drove me crazy trying to find how to get it to work.

Visit the following link first then if that doesn't work, post a specific question where you went wrong.

http://www.iskream.com/doc/nvidia_nf...rs_rh9_en.html

These were the instructions that finally did it for me. Hope it helps.

Just Joined!
    What do i do if i already installed the nvidia driver?

cos when i try and rebuild the driver it says error: expected binary....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    right that sorted now... when it actually does rebuild it comes up with a few errors at the end saying something about "buildmeister"

Just Joined!
    Can you not continue with the instructions? If not, can you post with a little more detail about these errors?

Just Joined!
    nope i cant continue... and now it even says it doesnt recongnize the rpmbuild command!

Just Joined!
    Try rpm --rebuild packagename.rpm

If it still doesn't recognize it, try /sbin/rpm --rebuild packagename.rpm

Sometimes if you try to use a command that is not recognized, you need to put it's location infront of the name of the command. In the case above, the location is /sbin and if you want to find a command, try the line:

find / -name nameofcommand

Sorry I'm not much help, I'm still fairly new with Linux, but I can still make a few suggestions:

1. Read lot's of stuff on the problem. Use google, your man pages on the rpm commands, the link I gave you, and the readme file on the nvidia page.

2. If you think the problem is that you've already installed the drivers improperly, read up on the rpm command because if you know the package name that you have installed, you can remove it. I also believe there is an rpm option to find/list packages installed. There's really no way around it in Linux, you have to do a lot of reading.

3. This is really a last resort, but if the above doesn't help and you just want to get it going, reformat the drive and start fresh making sure you follow the directions and have the correct package downloaded.

Again, I'm sorry I can't help you much more, but like I said, I'm still new and probably don't have much more experience than you.