Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I've tried searching around I've found some help, but still can't get my D-Link DWL-120 working. I've read that Prism II drivers work, however, I don't know how to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DWL-120 driver for Fedora Core 1

Hey,
    I've tried searching around I've found some help, but still can't get my D-Link DWL-120 working.

I've read that Prism II drivers work, however, I don't know how to use this driver. I've read that it is built into the kernel, but I can't find it anywhere when I go to configure a wireless or ethernet connection.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could tell me where I could find the driver and how to configure the device. I'm using Fedora Core 1. Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    Nevermind, I got it working on my own. If anyone has questions, post here and I can try to help, but I really recommend the readme on the atmel website and just playing around with it.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubya
    Nevermind, I got it working on my own. If anyone has questions, post here and I can try to help, but I really recommend the readme on the atmel website and just playing around with it.
    Hi,
    I have a DWL-120 Dlink USB too (not 120+) .
    I use a version of Linux based on Debian and Knoppix
    I'm very tired of search about how make my usb card working.

Likely, too near, but I haven't much experience in Linux, only some weeks (but many wondered)

With ...
    lsusb -> show the description exact of drive Atmel (AT76C503) and the card DWL-120 in one of the devices

ifconfig -> show only lo, eth0 (... one another lan card onboard)
    iwconfig -> show only lo , eth0 with msg "no wireless"

Can you help-me, please ?!

Just Joined!
    Have you installed the drivers yet? Visit the following link and download the atmelwlandriver-3.3.5.5.tar.bz2 file:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=201712

Next, see this page and read through it, especially sections 3, 4, and 5.

http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/howto/howto.html

Follow them closely. Also, it will be useful for you to know that your device contains an RFMD radio (this helps you in the configure section of the howto).

Any other questions, let me know.