Find the answer to your Linux question:
Linuxforum Yesterday (Saturday 8th) I had Telewest Blueyonder Broadband installed. It comes with a Motorola SurfBoard 5100 cable modem. In Windows I have got it installed and setup fine through ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Blueyonder Broadband

Linuxforum

Yesterday (Saturday 8th) I had Telewest Blueyonder Broadband installed. It comes with a Motorola SurfBoard 5100 cable modem. In Windows I have got it installed and setup fine through USB.

In Linux (SuSE 8.2) I have no idea how to get the modem installed and then setup the DSL connection.

I have a US Robotics nic installed in my PC (in Windows & SuSE) and would be happy to use that too if it were easier, but again I have no idea where to start from in getting the whole thing working. If I use the nic would I still need to install drivers for the cable modem? What about IP addresses, gateways etc?

Any help would be much appreciated as right now I am being forced to se Windows!!!

Thanks a lot
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Just Joined!

Blueyonder Broadband

As far as I can ascertain from a friend who uses blueyonder broadband with Linux is this:
    Connect the modem to the computer via the nic, set up the nic to broadcast via DHCP and you should be good to go.
    Same procedure in WinXP, also you seem to get a better connection speed via nic.
    Hope this answers your question

Linux Enthusiast

Blueyonder Broadband

I set up a friend's connection to blueyonder using the USB connection on the same modem and Mandrake 9.2.

More here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15028

Chris...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    As the modem is already set up (connected to the net) then no more config is required in that respect.

From what you have said is seems that your modem has an ethernet port, which is great. Plug modem into nic and set nic to set-up from dhcp.

Job done.
    \"One World, One Web, One Program.\" -- Advertisement for Internet Explorer.
    \"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuehrer.\" -- Adolf Hitler.