Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a small problem whereby I can't seem to find where to dial up to the internet. I do know that the modem has installed due to the fact ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Not sure how to connect using dial up modem??

I have a small problem whereby I can't seem to find where to dial up to the internet. I do know that the modem has installed due to the fact that upon booting up linux tells me that new hardware was found and needs to be configured, which I have done. I'm running Red Hat Linux 9, No updates or patches. I have setup a internet connection but I'm just not sure where to go after that or if I'm doing the right thing even? I do know to be logged in as the administrator. Any help will be gladly accepted.

Hi!

Check out this page: http://open.nit.ca/wiki/?page=WvDial

It might have something interesting for you.

Good luck

Just Joined!

Dial up RH9

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/l...de/ch-ppp.html

Try this site and see if it answers your question.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Dial up RH9

If you have already entered your ISP info. Do the following:
    Menu~System Tools~Network Device Control. If you see a warning window click OK. The Net. Dev. Window will open and you will see your dial up entry listed. Highlight it then click on the Activate button. You will then be connected to the internet. Click on the browser .
    Let me know how if you need more help.

Just Joined!
    Hi all,

I have clicked the activate button, but the message that says it's activating the connection just stays there? When you close and re-open the network devices it says it's activated but it's not. And when you try de-activate it, a message says that the ppp link could not be de-activated. I can't remember the error message/number. I'll post the exact message when I get a chance.

Thanks for all the help so far.