Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to installl some atmel drivers but first i need to identify my pcmcia card. Im not sure why its not working, as i have had many priror installs ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wirless pcmcia card not identified

I'm trying to installl some atmel drivers but first i need to identify my pcmcia card. Im not sure why its not working, as i have had many priror installs of Mandrake 10 community and it was detected in cardctl and lspci.

I dont want to have to reinstall the operation system for 5th time becuase something else isnt working, so if anyone knows how i can solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

After i get this done i can start working on compiling the drivers( which should take about a week seeing how horrible these things are and how poorly documented they are)

hex
    Just Joined!

i installed the atmel drivers just fine

i have a belkin card it was somthing like fd5904 ver. 2 or somthing of the like with the atmel chipset, either way it had the atmel chipset, so i used the drivers from linux-wlan.com their drivers were easy to install and worked fairly well with very little tweaking to it. where did you get your drivers from?

Just Joined!

wireless tools

You can grab the wireless tools here, and lots of instructions for installing, etc. good luck....

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_...nux/Tools.html

MB

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close