Find the answer to your Linux question:
first of all guyz i know i shud not use such headings but u c i was not able 2 think ne other better start, neways now d problem: c ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation SQL Server help

first of all guyz i know i shud not use such headings but u c i was not able 2 think ne other better start, neways now d problem:

c i have a small home network with a DHCP enabled router, now for internet needs i have a static ip, now out of my 7 local computers i use 1 as a SQL server, now my problem is i have made a dot net application which will update the database enetered by the front end client software, n the location of the database is to b ma SQL server, now all i want to know is how to connect this SQL server to the real world...

thnx a lot plz help....

Please write letters not number and complete words please

From what I understand you have 7 computers on a network and one has an static IP, and this computer runs an SQL server (MySQL?, PostgreSQL?, Which one?), you want to connect the SQL server to be accessible from any part in the world through the internet?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    no no bro its not like dat first of all i have 7 or 8 computers dat does not matters, c d thing is they r conected to a router n then that router is connected to a internet providing cable, resulting in a distributed internet line ma router is the gateway buddy.

neways now i hav MYSQL to b precise, n static as well as a public IP is assigned to my router not to the computer having SQL server, now i think u got ma point....

Is it that you cannot connect from outside on the WAN? You may need to forward the relevent ports to the mahine hosting MySQL .

As Juan Pablo said please post in correct english and not the above abbreviations - it is incredibly difficult to comprehend.

Just Joined!
    ok guys i got you, i'll try however i have this sort of typing habit, n i also feel it much faster n also time as well as space consuming, any ways now coming to the point:

see so i want the method only to do that, also as i told u that i have a router n that i don't think supports that sort of functionality neways then also i'll try off course.....

Have you come across PortForward.com? It is a pretty good resource for forwarding. If you are using a genuine router it should have this functionality already. If it is a 'modem' then it shouldn't be an issue. alternatively you might consider configuring your local IP address to be part of the DMZ so that all external ports are forwarded to your machine.