Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
DILBERT!!! TRIO!!!!!!!! It's me!! I'm on the internet! Cruising along with my LINUX!! WAAHOOO Thank you guys SO much! Dilbert, you got my modem working Trio, I called my ISP, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thumbs up Yippee Ki YAYYYYY

DILBERT!!! TRIO!!!!!!!!

It's me!! I'm on the internet! Cruising along with my LINUX!! WAAHOOO
    Thank you guys SO much!
    Dilbert, you got my modem working
    Trio, I called my ISP, I have a usual sign in name USING THEIR SOFTWARE for linux I had to use a longer version of the sign in, which actually doens't have the same numbers at all!
    I'm crusing Yeehaw!
    Thank you all so very much. I've been on the net now and this is the first place I came!
    you are my heros!
    Dilbert, I saw on another post on this forum how to make a little script so I don't have to type all the commands to get my modem to link every time and name it. I am going to name my little script Dilbert! Cause you were so good to help me!

Thank you. I am glad that your modem is working now.

I'm also with a provider that supports only Windows and Mac but I hear it the first time that there is a different sign in name.

Now you can surf the Web and don't care anymore about viruses and all the like. Have a good time with Linux.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.

It dawned on me I found a lot of error code 16s when I googled, so maybe I should put what the deal was for mine.
    When I sign in through windoze, they have their own dialer software. I put in a 5 digit "user name" they assigned me. I also pay extra for the accelerator program (with a connection speed of 28800 I am sure you can see why). The user code for the accelerator you enter one time and it is something like rt then nine different digits@itn.multidial.com
    Now I already knew the accelerator software won't work with linux, they told me. But they have been nice about trying to help. So, when I tried to sign in, I put in the 5 digit user code for my normal dialup, the one I always use. It didn't work, the one that did is the rt+9 different digits@yadasoonandsoforth. The one I actually won't be using at all is the one that works. So, in case anyone else is stumbling around.........
    Ok Dilbert, one last question,
    What does "Hech gap yo'q." mean??
    Thanks again, for being such a good teacher, and so kind!

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_cowgirl
    What does "Hech gap yo'q." mean??
    That is literally word by word "some thing no" in Uzbek, a turkish language. It means "never mind" or "no problem" or "don't care".

I'm not Uzbek I am only learning that language, I like linguistics.

But the whole signature is pretty senseless.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3