Results 1 to 3 of 3
hello, iam having a internet with the private ip is assigned to my system interface thru dhcp.. And i want to make my linux machine as a router.... How it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 04-26-2007 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
iam having a internet with the private ip is assigned to my system interface thru dhcp..
And i want to make my linux machine as a router....
How it will be done ..........can any body tell me pls........
- 04-26-2007 #2
Not a big deal:
1) Plug in and configure additional network cards and use different networks for the NICs
2) Enable forwarding
3) Enable masquerading (needed if your router should connect local systems with local IPs to the internet)
4) Configure your firewall to allow traffic between the NICs
1) Configure a local nameserver (bind)
2) Configure a local proxy (squid)
3) Configure a local socks (dante)"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." Linus Benedict Torvalds
- 04-27-2007 #3
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
you can try Mikrotik it's os based on Linux , it change you pc into router with many route features.