Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi , Recently i attended one interview. He was ask that ip packet is structured/ buffered? What actually called structured and buffered...... What is the difference between structured and buffered ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

ip packet

hi ,

Recently i attended one interview. He was ask that ip packet is structured/ buffered?

What actually called structured and buffered......

What is the difference between structured and buffered

Pls Help me.

Thanks in Advance

I think the meaning of the question is quite simple.

"Structured" means mainly how the header is built. There are fields for addresses, flags and also for embedded protocols, e.g. UDP, in it.

I recently had to analyse IP packets that were embedded in USB and I could name only a few fields and probably mention that IP carries a further protocol in it.

So, I think that is a very difficult question where the interviewer only can observe how a candidate deals or struggles with.

I don't think he expects that someone memorises all the fields.

"Buffered" means where the packet is stored in RAM on the computer. Again, I believe that there are ring buffers and/or DMA buffers.

So, I think you should know at least the difference between the two words, but the question itself is only to test what face is someone putting on when confronted with something real difficult.
    Bus Error: Passengers dumped. Hech gap yo'q.