Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am maintaining Linux box from remote location and I added my static IP address to hosts.allow file, so that I can only access the Linux box using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to add IP to host.allow

Hi all,

I am maintaining Linux box from remote location and I added my static IP address to hosts.allow file, so that I can only access the Linux box using PuTTY SSHD. Problem is I got changed my static IP address, so now I am unable to connect using PuTTY SSHD. The only option I have to connect my Linux box using WEBMIN. Is there any option to change the Old IP address to New IP or any command to modify the IP address?

Thanks in advance,

Sridhar Rayudu.

change in IP address

Quote Originally Posted by rvsridhar View Post
    Hi all,

I am maintaining Linux box from remote location and I added my static IP address to hosts.allow file, so that I can only access the Linux box using PuTTY SSHD. Problem is I got changed my static IP address, so now I am unable to connect using PuTTY SSHD. The only option I have to connect my Linux box using WEBMIN. Is there any option to change the Old IP address to New IP or any command to modify the IP address?

Thanks in advance,

Sridhar Rayudu.

is it possible to change ur systems ip address to that which u have added on the Linux remote server host.allow file ....?

Just Joined!
    It is not possible to get the Old IP address

Hi,

You can edit the Host.allow file and change the old IP to New one after connecting through Webmin session. I hope this is possible.

Gopi