Results 1 to 1 of 1
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- May 2007
Routing for a 12 interface ftp server - downloading problem
- Each DSL line has a dynamic IP and is mapped to a DynDNS name.
- Each interface is behind a NAT in the DSL router. (An incoming connection is able to get to the server so the incoming NAT is working fine)
- All relevant ports are opened for FTP on each router and forwarded to the appropriate internal IP
- Each interface in proFTPd is setup to use a DNS service to lookup the interface IP for PASV transfers. Each interface has a different DNS name
- All interfaces are visible and enabled in the interface list
- Each of the interfaces has an internal IP of 192.168.n.11 and the router has an IP of 192.168.n.1.
- The server is running Ubuntu Server 6.10 with no firewall software
With these routes below I am able to ftp to each interface independently and get directory listings. I am also able to upload data from the client to each of the 12 interfaces.
ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth2 src 192.168.2.11 table r2
ip route add 192.168.3.0/24 dev eth3 src 192.168.3.11 table r3
ip route add 192.168.12.0/24 dev eth12 src 192.168.12.11 table r12
ip rule add from 192.168.2.11 table r2
ip rule add from 192.168.3.11 table r3
ip rule add from 192.168.12.11 table r12
ip route add default via 192.168.2.1 table r2
ip route add default via 192.168.3.1 table r3
ip route add default via 192.168.12.1 table r12
The strange part is that I am actually able to download in ascii mode but not in binary mode from any of the interfaces other than the default interface (eth1)
I also tried loading ip_conntrack and ip_conntrack_ftp but that did not work. I also added the following iptable entries but they didn't help either.
iptables -A INPUT -i eth2 -p tcp --sport 1024: --dport 1024: -d 192.168.2.11 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth2 -p tcp --sport 1024: --dport 1024: -s 192.168.2.11 -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
So now I am able to do the following using PASSIVE mode
- Upload from Client -> Server in ASCII and BINARY mode
- Download from Server -> Client in ASCII mode only.
I have also tried several ftp clients.
Any ideas why BINARY mode is not working for downloads?