Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well me being new to linux and trying to use a microsoft ethernet card is asking for trouble but that is what I'm stuck with. I have a mn-130 microsoft ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Microsoft PCI Ethernet Card and Fedora Core 1

Well me being new to linux and trying to use a microsoft ethernet card is asking for trouble but that is what I'm stuck with.

I have a mn-130 microsoft pci ethernet card. I have attempted to munipulate the "TuLIP" source because I was told that the tulip source has the drivers to run my card, but I have had no luck with fedora. Any one know of fixes, drivers or tutorials on how to get it to work?

I have a ethernet/cable modem also Motorola Surfboard 5100, if that works with fedora and its easier to get to work, then just guide me to getting there. I need the internet with linux, This P.O.S windows just has hack me all over it.

Just Joined!
    modprobe modulename
    replace modulename with the module that your card uses google for its linux name this must be done as root ciao.

Just Joined!
    how would I find the name of my driver for the cable modem I use?

Just Joined!
    google for nic name linux module, the one in your computer

Just Joined!
    wow a simple reboot did the trick......

I don't know what i did here

I ran xterm then modprobe tulip
    gave me some errors

Then I hooked up my usb cable modem instead of the ethernet, but I forgot to unplug the ethernet and wham, it detected a new modem. Rebooted again and here I am enjoying linux.