Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
If you didn't explicitly set up iptables rules for your OUTPUT chain, then that is probably not the problem (there are no rules for that chain by default). As for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

If you didn't explicitly set up iptables rules for your OUTPUT chain, then that is probably not the problem (there are no rules for that chain by default).

As for your router (and/or proxy server) you'll need to check any allow or deny rules on your own.

I have another idea about how to troubleshoot this, but it's going to require that you use wireshark or tcpdump to watch what your outbound tcp traffic is doing when the request fails.

Are you comfortable reading up on those and figuring out how to use them to troubleshoot this further? (If not, I'm out of ideas for now.)

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by anomie View Post
    If you didn't explicitly set up iptables rules for your OUTPUT chain, then that is probably not the problem (there are no rules for that chain by default).

As for your router (and/or proxy server) you'll need to check any allow or deny rules on your own.

I have another idea about how to troubleshoot this, but it's going to require that you use wireshark or tcpdump to watch what your outbound tcp traffic is doing when the request fails.

Are you comfortable reading up on those and figuring out how to use them to troubleshoot this further? (If not, I'm out of ideas for now.)
    if there is some problem with proxy server or router, why i am getting results from other linux systems which are having same proxy configuration,

can u please suggest , how to trobleshoot this

Personally, I'd use tcpdump to watch the traffic. If you prefer gui, you might find wireshark easier.

Watch the tcp packets on the broken box when attempting to ftp, and compare them to the tcp packets on a working box. Try to determine where/why anomalies are occurring.

That'll require some reading and research on your part, though.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2