Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a wg511 netgear card on my imb thinkpad a21e labtop. I have suse linux 9.1 pro and the kernel is 2.6.4-52-default when i type in uname -r. Can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wg511 netgear kernel 2.6.4-52.defualt suse linux

i have a wg511 netgear card on my imb thinkpad a21e labtop. I have suse linux 9.1 pro and the kernel is 2.6.4-52-default when i type in uname -r. Can someone give me a link to exactly the file i need to download to get the netgear card working and can the file be in rpm format? kinda new to linux having little trouble getting .tar.gz and zip and other stuff working but rpm is just click and it works)

Just Joined!

netgear / thinkpad / SuSE 9.1

look on your installation media. i think there are some thinkpad specific packages. the package selection screen has a few different ways of browsing packages, one of which busts it wide open, showing every package imaginable! I'm certain you've already got what you need right there in front of you. if not...browse the nic's driver/install floppy, you'll find something for linux. if it's a tar.bz2 or something, just save the file to your desktop, right-click it and in the drop down menu, select "extract here". you'll then find a new directory. open it and find a "read me" file. it should instruct from here. if not, open the directory, right - click an empty spot, in the drop down, select "actions", then "open terminal here" if you're not "root", type "su" make sure you're still in same directory. look for a file named "configure" if you see one, do this; "./configure" then; "make" then, "make install". I'm new, too. this is my best effort to help. i hope it did.

Just Joined!
    thanx ill give it a shot didnt consider that the stuff i need to make it work was included with suse package