Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hallo all In about a week, i'm going to get comcast at my house. My computer will be networked via Wi-Fi. The thing is, i'm not sure if this will ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PCI WiFi Card W/ RH9

Hallo all
    In about a week, i'm going to get comcast at my house. My computer will be networked via Wi-Fi. The thing is, i'm not sure if this will work. It's a PCI Wi-Fi card, connecting to a wireless-B router. Could someone tell me if this will work right off the bat? (aka: Will I be able to boot up, open MoZilla, and be connected) If not, how can I configure it?

technical Junk:
    Service: Comcast Hi-Speed (cable)
    Card: PCI 802.11B wireless

Thanx in advance

Just Joined!
    well, under xp it wouldn't be much of a problem, but under linux.... there are dozens tutorials on how to get the card running, but if you see the topic below this one, you'll see that i haven't got it to run after 3 weeks

Just Joined!
    some wireless cards or base stations come with software that MUST be set up before connecting any hardware.

Whether or not they come with Linux support is beyond me. Ask the retailer of the Wi-Fi product if they support Linux.

Just Joined!
    Neither comcast nor the card manufacturer support linux. Hopefully, it is unlike the dreaded winmodem, which uses software built into windoze. If i'm lucky, the card will come with windoze installable software. I can then use WINE to install this software. Sound good? I'm frankly not sure.

Just Joined!
    Well, all I have to say is good luck!

Just Joined!
    What is the type and brand of the card?

perhaps there are already linuxdrivers available, or you can use ndiswrapper or driverloader to get it to work...