Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there I have a problem with the OpenSSH 3.4p1 running on my 800 Mhz P3 , but I am not sure if the problem lies with the SSH itself. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

OpenSSH 3.4p1 sometimes crashes the server!!! Plz help!

Hi there

I have a problem with the OpenSSH 3.4p1 running on my 800 Mhz P3 , but I am not sure if the problem lies with the SSH itself. There used to be a firewall module running on my Red Hat Linux which is now disabled in /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall

When we have several(as in 4 or 5 or more) SSH connections simultaneously to tale and when the server is running an intense server C program that is involved in a lot of heavy TCP and UDP data processing, the ssh will sometimes lock out with all existing connections kicked out and the not be able to log in again until the server machine is restarted. The server was also acting as a router for several computers which could pretty likely have caused some overload on the server.

However, I am wondering if there could be something quirky going on with the SSH software itself. Should I make any configurations?

Thanks !

Linux Guru
    i suppose the first thing to do would be check the log files, /var/log/*** for anything that may indicate what the problem is, and upgrade to the latest version of ssh if you have not already done so..

Jason