Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuuz View Post
    put this in your /etc/samba.smb.conf (or /etc/smb.conf)
    Does SAMBA have to be a DC or ADC for windoz clients if just for folder sharing? And if as DC or ADC, I guess some kerberos libs have to be installed and configured for samba?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuuz View Post
    - when a user logins to his own machine, the above 3 types of folders should be automatically mounted on his local machine for him to access. put a mapping on the users desktop, or execute it automaticcaly when logging in...
    I guess this is for windoz, which takes care of connecting to samba folders and mapping to local drives.

What about Linux users? How to auto mount these 3 types of folders when a linux account logs in?

Thanks!

SMB HOWTO: Accessing an SMB Share With Linux Machines

or you can use something like LinNeighborhood

And here a list of other easy tools (konqueror!!!!!)
    SAMBA - opening windows to a wider world

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by licht View Post
    I guess this is for windoz, which takes care of connecting to samba folders and mapping to local drives.

What about Linux users? How to auto mount these 3 types of folders when a linux account logs in?

Thanks!
    Once you get Samba configured properly it will detect and mount the shares for you, try using Konqueror to browse the shares
    smb://IP.address/sharedfoldername
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Once you get Samba configured properly it will detect and mount the shares for you, try using Konqueror to browse the shares
    smb://IP.address/sharedfoldername
    So, you mean the only thing for client to do is to have Konqueror browse "smb://IP_Fileserver/sharefoldername? And that's it? No need to set up auto mount script? What about password? Is there a way that no password will be asked since a user is already logged in.

THanks!

I have Samba set up on my system, when it boots (Gentoo), all I have to do is either click on "system menu" and browse to my workgroup, and click on shared folder or launch Konqueror smb://pcname/sharedfolder
    I have Samba set up so I don't need passwords everytime I login.
    See this link for more info on my samba set up.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/red...ndows-ugh.html
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.