Ip address issue
I am running an embedded linux. It has an ip address, say A. This what I did:
1. changed the ip address to B and didn't reboot (I can't afford rebooting)
2. did wget <web page>
3. tcpdump shows the outgoing packet is having ip address A
4. ifconfig show the correct modified ip address, address B
5. after around 3 hours wget, ping stops working
6. when I reboot, everything is fine, with tcpdump showing ip address B.
Could anyone please point out what is wrong here ?
Thanks in advance.
When you changed your IP address, you probably should have restarted the network service.
Thanks for replying. I did restart the network service.
There was a bug in the firewall script. I solved the issue using
"iptables -t nat --flush" command