VPN + Firewall MASQ problem....
I have the following setup:
VPN SERVER <--> LINUX <--> INTERNET <--> CLIENT
- Windows 2003
- PPTP protocol
- Tested and working from internal network
- Fedora Core 1
- Kernel 2.4.22
- 10.0.0.1 @ eth1 (Internal network connection)
- DHCP Cable Internet @ eth0
- Masquerading tested and working for terminal server connections on the 10.0.0.2
- Permanent connection
- DHCP ip
- Cable modem @ linux eth0
- Windows XP
- DHCP IP
- PPTP Protocol
- Internet tested and working (also connection with internal terminal server)
- VPN Cient working on internal network
Port 1723 on the linux firewall is open and routes all trafic to 10.0.0.2 (this also applies for the terminal sever)
When I try to connect outside my intranet, to my vpn server the following occures:
First the connection is established, this works... then when the username authentication begins, it goes wrong... this just fails and I can't get any authentication from the vpn server.
Any ideas what might be wrong ?
I also tried the iptables "-A PREROUTING -t nat -p gre -i eth0 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.0.0.2" command on my linux box, but that doesn't seem to help a thing.
Any suggestions ??
TNX in advance...