Which Wireless Network Device?
My knowledge of wireless networking products is not great so im looking for bit of advice.
My current network ( www.jasonlambert.net/network.php ) is made of cat5 ethernet connectivity. All my PC's connect into a 10MB hub, which also has a netscreen router connected into it providing internet access to the network.
What i would like to do is plug a wireless router into the hub, and use some sort of PCMCIA card in my laptop to connect to the wireless router and then via that the rest of the network.
something like this:
laptop <---> wireless router <---> hub <---> other devices connected to hub
1) Which products are available that can work in this scenario?
2) are there any devices that can do this which do not use the 2.4Ghz frequency?
3) Is there anything faster than 11Mb?
1) The PCMCIA card should work under Debian.
2) Budget limit is about £250 - 300.
3) A good signal/speed at ranges of upto 20meters would be good.
Any suggestions, shared experience much appriciated.