Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Oh, I see - that's the same problem currently plaguing Fedora Core 2. It seems that entering the BIOS setup and setting the hard drive's access mode to "LBA" instead ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Oh, I see - that's the same problem currently plaguing Fedora Core 2. It seems that entering the BIOS setup and setting the hard drive's access mode to "LBA" instead of "Auto" should solve the problem. Have you tried doing that, e2k?

e2k
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Oh, I see - that's the same problem currently plaguing Fedora Core 2. It seems that entering the BIOS setup and setting the hard drive's access mode to "LBA" instead of "Auto" should solve the problem. Have you tried doing that, e2k?
    This worked! Thank you very much, you saved my day!
    Actually I just found the same advice in the url I and loft306 posted, but didn't find the place where you could change the harddrive access mode.. But when you suggested it, I thought I could give it a second shot, and after a struggle to find it i succeeded Thank you!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by e2k
    This worked! Thank you very much, you saved my day!
    It saved my night too.
    I installed a Mandrake 10 and couldnt make my XP to boot again. But then, I´d never thought of a BIOS tweak.

On a purly intelectual level, i was wondering why this fixes the problem, i don't understand alot of things that go on in the bios, but i am curios as to what that change does, and why it would correct the chainloading problem
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2