Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone know how to set CDparanoia options so that you can select tracks to rip. For example if CDDB returned 10 tracks, how is Cdparanois set up to query ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CDPARANOIA options - track selection

Does anyone know how to set CDparanoia options so that you can select tracks to rip. For example if CDDB returned 10 tracks, how is Cdparanois set up to query which tracks I want to select all or say 1,3 and 7.

Linux Newbie
    Hmmm, I wrote a little bash script that would do this including looking up track names from the net and re-encoding, be darned if I can find it now ! Believe BashBurn does something similar.

Reading the cdparanoia man page it looks like it only does single tracks or spans. A quick work around would be issuing the command several times using a semicolon.

example
    Code:
    cdparanoia -B  "1";  cdparanoia -B "4"
    A bit inconvenient but workable.
    WARNING: I may be telling you more than I know !

Just Joined!
    Well I have found that whilst I haven't yet got a workable solution for cdparanoia for the .conf file. You can run (if you already know track listing) # abcde 1-4 8 10 .

That will allow you to rip tracks 1 2 3 4 8 10. But this is pre cddb so no track listings viewable prior to that.

yaret another console ripper has a similar option # yaret --skip=3,10-13 so rather than selecting tracks you skip the tracks.

so yet again you can't make track selection in the .yaretrc file to specify track selection after cddb tho in this case a cdparanoia option is specified in the config file
    Code:
    # Only one may be specified (last one is used if more than one is specified)
    # (no default is selected)
    # cdparanoia and cddawav are already defined for you
    [ripper]
    use cdparanoia
    #use cddawav

command cdparanoia=cdparanoia -z -d CD_DEV TRACK_NUM FILE_OUT
    #command cddawav=cddawav -z -H -P 1 -t -D CD_DEV TRACK_NUM FILE_OUT

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    doh! Yes, abcde not BashBurn. My script borrowed heavily from, and did much less than, abcde so it's unlikely it does what you want. Maybe I'll play with this idea after the Saturday duties are done.
    WARNING: I may be telling you more than I know !